Move over, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Heath Ledger. This year’s most notorious feat of Method acting was Steve Carell getting his thicket of chest hair waxed for real on camera in The 40 Year-Old Virgin (out on DVD today). Now, Miki Mia (at right), the actress and professional waxer who made Carell scream, explains what went on behind the scenes, in an interview with the Associated Press. Sample quote about her grooming specialty: ”It might look painful, but when you have some problems or stress, it’s a great thing to do. You forget about everything and concentrate on one pain.” Yikes! Or as Carell would say: ”K-Kelly Clarkson!”
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' star Jordan Gavaris talks Felix
- Kids' Choice Awards host Nick Jonas answers questions from kids
- 'Walking Dead' star Tovah Feldshuh on Rick-Deanna showdown
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!