Fans of Anne Perry’s slim, sly period British mysteries aren’t going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely predictable 19th-century murder tale about a snappish, ill-tempered grandmama who, in the process of solving the crimes in a small village near Dover, learns — you guessed it — the true meaning of Christmas. If mysteries featuring tart old ladies are your thing, head straight for Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple instead.
A Christmas Guest Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...A Christmas GuestMystery and Thriller, FictionAnne Perry Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...2005-12-14Ballantine
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!