Fans of Anne Perry’s slim, sly period British mysteries aren’t going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely predictable 19th-century murder tale about a snappish, ill-tempered grandmama who, in the process of solving the crimes in a small village near Dover, learns — you guessed it — the true meaning of Christmas. If mysteries featuring tart old ladies are your thing, head straight for Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple instead.
A Christmas Guest Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...A Christmas GuestMystery and Thriller, FictionAnne Perry Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...2005-12-14Ballantine
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hasbro says four more 'Transformers' sequels are on the way
- Emilia Clarke and Jason Momoa had a 'Game of Thrones' reunion
- Lenny Kravitz & James Franco rock out in the new 'Guitar Hero Live' commercial
- Lady Gaga's 'AHS: Hotel' role made her feel 'so alive'
- J.K. Rowling debunks 'Harry Potter' fan theories on Twitter
- Nicolas Cage doesn’t regret turning down 'Lord of the Rings' role
- Why Kate Winslet was nervous to meet the real Joanna Hoffman for 'Steve Jobs'