Fans of Anne Perry’s slim, sly period British mysteries aren’t going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely predictable 19th-century murder tale about a snappish, ill-tempered grandmama who, in the process of solving the crimes in a small village near Dover, learns — you guessed it — the true meaning of Christmas. If mysteries featuring tart old ladies are your thing, head straight for Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple instead.
A Christmas Guest Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...A Christmas GuestMystery and Thriller, FictionAnne Perry Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...2005-12-14Ballantine
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krasinski & Corden recreate 'Pulp Fiction' in hilarious sketch
- What to Watch Thurs.: 'RuPaul's All Star Drag Race' changes the rules
- 'Empire lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...