Fans of Anne Perry’s slim, sly period British mysteries aren’t going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely predictable 19th-century murder tale about a snappish, ill-tempered grandmama who, in the process of solving the crimes in a small village near Dover, learns — you guessed it — the true meaning of Christmas. If mysteries featuring tart old ladies are your thing, head straight for Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple instead.
A Christmas Guest Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...A Christmas GuestMystery and Thriller, FictionAnne Perry Fans of Anne Perry's slim, sly period British mysteries aren't going to like her latest outing, A Christmas Guest: a sappy, completely...2005-12-14Ballantine
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Anne Perry; Publisher: Ballantine
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour
- Super Bowl 50 scores second-biggest early TV ratings ever
- Megyn Kelly on her issue with the word 'feminist'
- The 17 most essential 1970s love songs
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Beasts of No Nation'