Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl’s Christmas. There’s no shortage of bile in this sassy collection of holiday stories, with riffs on Super Kmart smells (”equal parts popcorn, brand-new plastic, and baby poop”) and craptacular gifts (on her ”wish list”: Baby Jesus socks, secondhand shampoo, and cupcake-shaped candles). The best material is also the most biting. A piece about her late Pop Pop seems oversentimental and misplaced, particularly coming under the title ”Mashed Potatoes, Yams, and a Urine Sample.”
An Idiot Girl's Christmas Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...An Idiot Girl's ChristmasComic Novels, NonfictionLaurie Notaro Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...2005-12-14Villard Books
Genre: Comic Novels, Nonfiction; Author: Laurie Notaro; Status: In Season; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters