Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl’s Christmas. There’s no shortage of bile in this sassy collection of holiday stories, with riffs on Super Kmart smells (”equal parts popcorn, brand-new plastic, and baby poop”) and craptacular gifts (on her ”wish list”: Baby Jesus socks, secondhand shampoo, and cupcake-shaped candles). The best material is also the most biting. A piece about her late Pop Pop seems oversentimental and misplaced, particularly coming under the title ”Mashed Potatoes, Yams, and a Urine Sample.”
An Idiot Girl's Christmas Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...An Idiot Girl's ChristmasComic Novels, NonfictionLaurie Notaro Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...2005-12-14Villard Books
Genre: Comic Novels, Nonfiction; Author: Laurie Notaro; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A