Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl’s Christmas. There’s no shortage of bile in this sassy collection of holiday stories, with riffs on Super Kmart smells (”equal parts popcorn, brand-new plastic, and baby poop”) and craptacular gifts (on her ”wish list”: Baby Jesus socks, secondhand shampoo, and cupcake-shaped candles). The best material is also the most biting. A piece about her late Pop Pop seems oversentimental and misplaced, particularly coming under the title ”Mashed Potatoes, Yams, and a Urine Sample.”
An Idiot Girl's Christmas Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...An Idiot Girl's ChristmasComic Novels, NonfictionLaurie Notaro Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...2005-12-14Villard Books
Genre: Comic Novels, Nonfiction; Author: Laurie Notaro; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch