Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl’s Christmas. There’s no shortage of bile in this sassy collection of holiday stories, with riffs on Super Kmart smells (”equal parts popcorn, brand-new plastic, and baby poop”) and craptacular gifts (on her ”wish list”: Baby Jesus socks, secondhand shampoo, and cupcake-shaped candles). The best material is also the most biting. A piece about her late Pop Pop seems oversentimental and misplaced, particularly coming under the title ”Mashed Potatoes, Yams, and a Urine Sample.”
An Idiot Girl's Christmas Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...An Idiot Girl's ChristmasComic Novels, NonfictionLaurie Notaro Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...2005-12-14Villard Books
Genre: Comic Novels, Nonfiction; Author: Laurie Notaro; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!