Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl’s Christmas. There’s no shortage of bile in this sassy collection of holiday stories, with riffs on Super Kmart smells (”equal parts popcorn, brand-new plastic, and baby poop”) and craptacular gifts (on her ”wish list”: Baby Jesus socks, secondhand shampoo, and cupcake-shaped candles). The best material is also the most biting. A piece about her late Pop Pop seems oversentimental and misplaced, particularly coming under the title ”Mashed Potatoes, Yams, and a Urine Sample.”
An Idiot Girl's Christmas Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...An Idiot Girl's ChristmasComic Novels, NonfictionLaurie Notaro Laurie Notaro is not a grinch — she just plays one in An Idiot Girl's Christmas. There's no shortage of bile in this sassy...2005-12-14Villard Books
Genre: Comic Novels, Nonfiction; Author: Laurie Notaro; Publisher: Villard Books
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment