More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world’s great religious thinkers by making a case for God’s existence. Now former Spy writer and self-proclaimed ”santologist” Ellis Weiner sets out to do the same for Kriss Kringle in Santa Lives!, a merrily eccentric volume, jam-packed with philosophical principles as varied as Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is usually best) and the Argument from Truism (it involves Dean Martin lyrics). Perfect for the cynic on your list.
Santa Lives! More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...Santa Lives!Nonfiction, Philosophy and ReligionEllis Weiner More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...2005-12-14Riverhead
Genre: Nonfiction, Philosophy and Religion; Author: Ellis Weiner; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift continued their VMAs love fest on Twitter
- Lena Dunham publishes first short story in newsletter's fiction issue
- Jewel moves forward by looking back on 'Picking Up The Pieces'
- Edgar Wright pays tribute to Wes Craven
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!