More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world’s great religious thinkers by making a case for God’s existence. Now former Spy writer and self-proclaimed ”santologist” Ellis Weiner sets out to do the same for Kriss Kringle in Santa Lives!, a merrily eccentric volume, jam-packed with philosophical principles as varied as Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is usually best) and the Argument from Truism (it involves Dean Martin lyrics). Perfect for the cynic on your list.
Santa Lives! More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...Santa Lives!Nonfiction, Philosophy and ReligionEllis Weiner More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...2005-12-14Riverhead
Genre: Nonfiction, Philosophy and Religion; Author: Ellis Weiner; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner to divorce
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!