More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world’s great religious thinkers by making a case for God’s existence. Now former Spy writer and self-proclaimed ”santologist” Ellis Weiner sets out to do the same for Kriss Kringle in Santa Lives!, a merrily eccentric volume, jam-packed with philosophical principles as varied as Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is usually best) and the Argument from Truism (it involves Dean Martin lyrics). Perfect for the cynic on your list.
Santa Lives! More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...Santa Lives!Nonfiction, Philosophy and ReligionEllis Weiner More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...2005-12-14Riverhead
Genre: Nonfiction, Philosophy and Religion; Author: Ellis Weiner; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- WWE's 'Wrestlemania' 31: The 5 best entrances and 5 most memorable moments
- Ariana Grande adds new dates and cities to The Honeymoon Tour
- 'Saturday Night Live' best host poll: The Rock flexes his comedy muscles
- Smashing Pumpkins explore PTSD in "Drum + Fife" video
- 'Sherlock' co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!