More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world’s great religious thinkers by making a case for God’s existence. Now former Spy writer and self-proclaimed ”santologist” Ellis Weiner sets out to do the same for Kriss Kringle in Santa Lives!, a merrily eccentric volume, jam-packed with philosophical principles as varied as Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is usually best) and the Argument from Truism (it involves Dean Martin lyrics). Perfect for the cynic on your list.
Santa Lives! More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...Santa Lives!Nonfiction, Philosophy and ReligionEllis Weiner More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...2005-12-14Riverhead
Genre: Nonfiction, Philosophy and Religion; Author: Ellis Weiner; Status: In Season; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted December 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!