More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world’s great religious thinkers by making a case for God’s existence. Now former Spy writer and self-proclaimed ”santologist” Ellis Weiner sets out to do the same for Kriss Kringle in Santa Lives!, a merrily eccentric volume, jam-packed with philosophical principles as varied as Occam’s razor (the simplest explanation is usually best) and the Argument from Truism (it involves Dean Martin lyrics). Perfect for the cynic on your list.
Santa Lives! More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...Santa Lives!Nonfiction, Philosophy and ReligionEllis Weiner More than a half century ago in his book Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis affirmed his place as one of the world's great religious thinkers by ...2005-12-14Riverhead
Genre: Nonfiction, Philosophy and Religion; Author: Ellis Weiner; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- You've got to be 'shipping me: Norma and Romero on 'Bates Motel'
- Orson Welles turns 100: How to become an expert in seven easy steps
- Meet the guys who invented the musical in Broadway’s 'Something Rotten!'
- Taylor Momsen: 'Gossip Girl' turned rock queen
- Miguel announces release date for new album 'Wildheart'
- Jon Hamm takes lead in Tony Gilroy's 'High Wire Act'
- 'Big Bang Theory' finale: Is someone going to break up?
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!