Santa haters like Neal Pollack and Cintra Wilson share their best horror stories in The Worst Noel, an uneven essay collection aimed at those of us who flee our families’ homes on Dec. 26. There are some undercooked turkeys here, like Cynthia Kaplan’s irritating rant about a deer that hits her car (”Donner Is Dead”). But high notes like Ann Patchett’s ”Birthdays” make this a fine stocking stuffer for naughty cranks everywhere. And Jews, at least those sick of being told to have a merry Christmas year after year, will love it!
The Worst Noel Santa haters like Neal Pollack and Cintra Wilson share their best horror stories in The Worst Noel, an uneven essay collection aimed...The Worst NoelEssays, NonfictionVarious Authors Santa haters like Neal Pollack and Cintra Wilson share their best horror stories in The Worst Noel, an uneven essay collection aimed...2005-12-14HarperCollins
Genre: Essays, Nonfiction; Author: Various Authors; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More