Only four studio albums into his illustrious, often brilliant career and already Eminem coyly hints at retirement. Curtain Call: The Hits captures the half-decade moment when the tortured Detroit MC ruled the zeitgeist with whip-smart gross-out humor and jolting family confessions. His bubblegum tracks (”Just Lose It,” ”My Name Is”) haven’t aged well, but classics ”Lose Yourself” and ”Cleanin’ Out My Closet” still exhilarate as only the greatest pop music can.
(Eminem : Anthony Mandler for Business Wire via Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Eminem; Producer (group): Aftermath
Posted December 19 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release
- Britney Spears cameos at Kate Hudson's game night
- Selma Blair on her 'American Crime Story' role: ‘I happen to love Kris Jenner’