Only four studio albums into his illustrious, often brilliant career and already Eminem coyly hints at retirement. Curtain Call: The Hits captures the half-decade moment when the tortured Detroit MC ruled the zeitgeist with whip-smart gross-out humor and jolting family confessions. His bubblegum tracks (”Just Lose It,” ”My Name Is”) haven’t aged well, but classics ”Lose Yourself” and ”Cleanin’ Out My Closet” still exhilarate as only the greatest pop music can.
(Eminem : Anthony Mandler for Business Wire via Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Eminem; Producer (group): Aftermath
Posted December 19 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!