Only four studio albums into his illustrious, often brilliant career and already Eminem coyly hints at retirement. Curtain Call: The Hits captures the half-decade moment when the tortured Detroit MC ruled the zeitgeist with whip-smart gross-out humor and jolting family confessions. His bubblegum tracks (”Just Lose It,” ”My Name Is”) haven’t aged well, but classics ”Lose Yourself” and ”Cleanin’ Out My Closet” still exhilarate as only the greatest pop music can.
(Eminem : Anthony Mandler for Business Wire via Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Eminem; Producer (group): Aftermath
Posted December 19 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors
- Cecilia Hart, wife of James Earl Jones, dies at 68
- Tom Cruise, Jude Law compare on-set underwater breath-holding stories