Only four studio albums into his illustrious, often brilliant career and already Eminem coyly hints at retirement. Curtain Call: The Hits captures the half-decade moment when the tortured Detroit MC ruled the zeitgeist with whip-smart gross-out humor and jolting family confessions. His bubblegum tracks (”Just Lose It,” ”My Name Is”) haven’t aged well, but classics ”Lose Yourself” and ”Cleanin’ Out My Closet” still exhilarate as only the greatest pop music can.
(Eminem : Anthony Mandler for Business Wire via Getty Images)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Eminem; Producer (group): Aftermath
Posted December 19 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'
- Shelley Long joins road trip film 'Different Flowers'
- Relive Hillary Clinton dancing to the 'Macarena' at the 1996 DNC
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton