It’s a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet Suzanne Hansen — however unwittingly — makes it entirely possible. A starstruck teen from Oregon who entered Ovitz’s home as a live-in nanny for his three kids, Hansen now shamelessly attempts a Hollywood tell-all/Nanny Diaries rip-off in You’ll Never Nanny in This Town Again. She paints Ovitz as a persnickety, soulless dad who supposedly blackballed her after she quit. (She went on to work for Debra Winger and Danny DeVito, who are spared her criticism.) Trouble is, her complaints — e.g., Mrs. Ovitz rarely let her use the family car for personal errands — seem petty after the couple regularly showered her with praise and freebies (a free meal at Spago, front-row Lakers tickets). Tough job if you can get it.
You'll Never Nanny in This Town AgainIt's a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet...You'll Never Nanny in This Town AgainNonfictionSuzanne HansenIt's a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet...2005-12-21Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Suzanne Hansen; Publisher: Crown
Posted December 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- Taylor Towsend will play Julie Cooper in 'The O.C. Musical'
- The wedding is over for It Shoulda Been You on Broadway
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!