It’s a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet Suzanne Hansen — however unwittingly — makes it entirely possible. A starstruck teen from Oregon who entered Ovitz’s home as a live-in nanny for his three kids, Hansen now shamelessly attempts a Hollywood tell-all/Nanny Diaries rip-off in You’ll Never Nanny in This Town Again. She paints Ovitz as a persnickety, soulless dad who supposedly blackballed her after she quit. (She went on to work for Debra Winger and Danny DeVito, who are spared her criticism.) Trouble is, her complaints — e.g., Mrs. Ovitz rarely let her use the family car for personal errands — seem petty after the couple regularly showered her with praise and freebies (a free meal at Spago, front-row Lakers tickets). Tough job if you can get it.
You'll Never Nanny in This Town AgainIt's a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet...You'll Never Nanny in This Town AgainNonfictionSuzanne HansenIt's a little hard to feel sorry for Mike Ovitz, the former CAA überagent who was paid a reported $140 million upon leaving Disney in 1996. Yet...2005-12-21Crown
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Suzanne Hansen; Publisher: Crown
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Music we loved this week: James Bay, Earl Sweatshirt, Jamie xx
- Patrick Stewart is a coke-fueled cable news host in 'Blunt Talk' teaser
- Jake Gyllenhaal plays a down-on-his-luck boxer in 'Southpaw' trailer
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' breakout Tituss Burgess on his alter ego (and 'Pinot Noir')
- Robert Kirkman reveals 'Walking Dead' companion series will be called...
- 9 plotlines you didn't realize started in the 'Grey's Anatomy' pilot
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!