Wolf Creek, an unusually crisp and boldly shot Texas Chainsaw Massacre knockoff, looks as ancient and patterned as a druidic ritual. A bunch of kids jump into a car and head for a famed crater in the middle of the outback, only to get stalled by engine trouble. Their savior? A jaunty hunter (John Jarratt) who drives up in his truck, offering assistance with just enough of a derisive cackle to make him seem like ”Crocodile” Dundee with a loose screw. What follows is some very well-staged kidnapping and torture and escape that still manages to come off like a rerun of last month’s Chainsaw retread.
(Wolf Creek: Daniel Guerra)
Genre: Horror; Starring: John Jarrett, Cassandra Magrath; Director: Greg McLean; Author: Greg McLean; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 4 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Zedd shares his ultimate Memorial Day Weekend playlist
- 'Marshall Mathers LP' at 15: Revisit Eminem's best live performances
- Bill Murray is getting his own Netflix Christmas special
- Margaret Atwood talks Twitter Fiction and near-genius hashtags
- 'Hunger Games' photo portraits: EW exclusive First Look at upcoming book
- Keanu Reeves gets terrorized in new 'Knock Knock' trailer
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!