Wolf Creek, an unusually crisp and boldly shot Texas Chainsaw Massacre knockoff, looks as ancient and patterned as a druidic ritual. A bunch of kids jump into a car and head for a famed crater in the middle of the outback, only to get stalled by engine trouble. Their savior? A jaunty hunter (John Jarratt) who drives up in his truck, offering assistance with just enough of a derisive cackle to make him seem like ”Crocodile” Dundee with a loose screw. What follows is some very well-staged kidnapping and torture and escape that still manages to come off like a rerun of last month’s Chainsaw retread.
(Wolf Creek: Daniel Guerra)
Genre: Horror; Starring: John Jarrett, Cassandra Magrath; Director: Greg McLean; Author: Greg McLean; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo