Wolf Creek, an unusually crisp and boldly shot Texas Chainsaw Massacre knockoff, looks as ancient and patterned as a druidic ritual. A bunch of kids jump into a car and head for a famed crater in the middle of the outback, only to get stalled by engine trouble. Their savior? A jaunty hunter (John Jarratt) who drives up in his truck, offering assistance with just enough of a derisive cackle to make him seem like ”Crocodile” Dundee with a loose screw. What follows is some very well-staged kidnapping and torture and escape that still manages to come off like a rerun of last month’s Chainsaw retread.
(Wolf Creek: Daniel Guerra)
Genre: Horror; Starring: John Jarrett, Cassandra Magrath; Director: Greg McLean; Author: Greg McLean; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 4 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!