Wolf Creek, an unusually crisp and boldly shot Texas Chainsaw Massacre knockoff, looks as ancient and patterned as a druidic ritual. A bunch of kids jump into a car and head for a famed crater in the middle of the outback, only to get stalled by engine trouble. Their savior? A jaunty hunter (John Jarratt) who drives up in his truck, offering assistance with just enough of a derisive cackle to make him seem like ”Crocodile” Dundee with a loose screw. What follows is some very well-staged kidnapping and torture and escape that still manages to come off like a rerun of last month’s Chainsaw retread.
(Wolf Creek: Daniel Guerra)
Genre: Horror; Starring: John Jarrett, Cassandra Magrath; Director: Greg McLean; Author: Greg McLean; Release Date Wide: 12/25/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: The Weinstein Company
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip