Radically reinventing classic rock nuggets like Bruce Springsteen’s ”Thunder Road” and Elton John’s ”Daniel” into creaky, cranky soundscapes, cerebral Chicago instrumentalists Tortoise and indie-rock eccentric Will Oldham (a.k.a. Bonnie ?Prince? Billy) team up on The Brave and the Bold, an intriguing disc of covers. Tackling varied material — from the aforementioned dad-rock faves to Richard Thompson’s epic ”Calvary Cross” to Devo’s herky-jerky ”That’s Pep!” — the pair infuse all their interpretations with an aura of foreboding, especially on ”Daniel,” which turns Elton’s bittersweet, sun-kissed song into a beautifully eerie, creeping ballad.
The Brave and the Bold Radically reinventing classic rock nuggets like Bruce Springsteen's ''Thunder Road'' and Elton John's ''Daniel'' into creaky, cranky soundscapes,...The Brave and the BoldRock Radically reinventing classic rock nuggets like Bruce Springsteen's ''Thunder Road'' and Elton John's ''Daniel'' into creaky, cranky soundscapes,...2006-01-23
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Overcoat
Posted January 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!