Every Gossip record is a party — a boozy, sloppy, sexy party littered with broken bottles and sweaty dalliances. The Olympia,Washington-by-way-of-Arkansas trio, led by lung-busting blooze-punk princess Beth Ditto, go clean (maybe too clean) on Standing in the Way of Control’s production; somebody has nearly DustBustered the ”garage” right out of their gorgeously messy garage-rock sound. What remains is a bare-bones backbeat, a few menacing guitar riffs, and Ditto’s cracked, crackling dynamism. With a little more behind her, the Gossip just might hit an A.
Standing in the Way of Control Every Gossip record is a party — a boozy, sloppy, sexy party littered with broken bottles and sweaty dalliances. The Olympia,Washington-by-way...Standing in the Way of ControlRock Every Gossip record is a party — a boozy, sloppy, sexy party littered with broken bottles and sweaty dalliances. The Olympia,Washington-by-way...2006-01-23
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Kill Rock Stars
Posted January 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- Post-apocalyptic survivors tool up in exclusive clip from 'Turbo Kid'
- New 'Homeland' season 5 trailer: Carrie can't escape her past
- Malala won't be silenced in latest trailer for 'He Named Me Malala'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!