For every exhilarating single (his lone hit, 1996’s ”Barely Breathing”) or worthy experiment (his blatant Nick Drake homage, 2001’s Phantom Moon), Duncan Sheik makes an album like this one: a set of airy, overly fussy pop in search of hooks and edge. The anti-Bush title track of White Limousine and the ticked-off ”Shopping” try to add anger to his repertoire, but Sheik’s feather-duster voice only works best when he’s conveying abject romanticism. Most of White Limousine drives right out of your head as soon as it ends.
White Limousine For every exhilarating single (his lone hit, 1996's ''Barely Breathing'') or worthy experiment (his blatant Nick Drake homage, 2001's Phantom MoonWhite LimousinePop For every exhilarating single (his lone hit, 1996's ''Barely Breathing'') or worthy experiment (his blatant Nick Drake homage, 2001's Phantom Moon2006-01-23
Genre: Pop; Lead Performer: Duncan Sheik; Producer (group): Zoe
Posted January 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor' players on the most shameless thing they did for fan votes
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!