In the late ’70s and early ’80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom Snyder, who would have the angry upstarts on for performances and/or interviews. The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave collects eight such episodes featuring luminaries like the Ramones, Patti Smith, and the Jam, with some truly bizarre back-and-forths like this exchange with Iggy Pop. Snyder: ”Why are you bleeding?” Pop: ”Because I’m on your show.” EXTRAS The episodes are presented in full, complete with peculiar transitions — such as when a sunny chat with Allan Carr, there to promote his new Village People movie, Can’t Stop the Music, is followed directly by Snyder’s confrontational sit-down with former (and future) Sex Pistol John Lydon.
The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New WaveComedy In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...2006-01-24
Posted January 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch