In the late ’70s and early ’80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom Snyder, who would have the angry upstarts on for performances and/or interviews. The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave collects eight such episodes featuring luminaries like the Ramones, Patti Smith, and the Jam, with some truly bizarre back-and-forths like this exchange with Iggy Pop. Snyder: ”Why are you bleeding?” Pop: ”Because I’m on your show.” EXTRAS The episodes are presented in full, complete with peculiar transitions — such as when a sunny chat with Allan Carr, there to promote his new Village People movie, Can’t Stop the Music, is followed directly by Snyder’s confrontational sit-down with former (and future) Sex Pistol John Lydon.
The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New WaveComedy In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...2006-01-24
Posted January 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- Kylie Jenner has been filming her own soap opera on Snapchat
- 'Agent Carter' in jeopardy? Hayley Atwell cast in new ABC pilot
- Can you match the movie quote to the romantic love story?
- Hayley Atwell cast in 'Conviction' pilot at ABC
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday