In the late ’70s and early ’80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom Snyder, who would have the angry upstarts on for performances and/or interviews. The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave collects eight such episodes featuring luminaries like the Ramones, Patti Smith, and the Jam, with some truly bizarre back-and-forths like this exchange with Iggy Pop. Snyder: ”Why are you bleeding?” Pop: ”Because I’m on your show.” EXTRAS The episodes are presented in full, complete with peculiar transitions — such as when a sunny chat with Allan Carr, there to promote his new Village People movie, Can’t Stop the Music, is followed directly by Snyder’s confrontational sit-down with former (and future) Sex Pistol John Lydon.
The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New WaveComedy In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...2006-01-24
Posted January 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Here's how Jaden Smith reacted to Kanye's VMAs speech
- Jeff Probst reveals the players he's surprised got voted into 'Survivor'
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift continued their VMAs love fest on Twitter
- Lena Dunham publishes first short story in newsletter's fiction issue
- Jewel moves forward by looking back on 'Picking Up The Pieces'
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!