In the late ’70s and early ’80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom Snyder, who would have the angry upstarts on for performances and/or interviews. The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave collects eight such episodes featuring luminaries like the Ramones, Patti Smith, and the Jam, with some truly bizarre back-and-forths like this exchange with Iggy Pop. Snyder: ”Why are you bleeding?” Pop: ”Because I’m on your show.” EXTRAS The episodes are presented in full, complete with peculiar transitions — such as when a sunny chat with Allan Carr, there to promote his new Village People movie, Can’t Stop the Music, is followed directly by Snyder’s confrontational sit-down with former (and future) Sex Pistol John Lydon.
The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New Wave In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...The Tomorrow Show with Tom Snyder: Punk & New WaveComedy In the late '70s and early '80s, punk acts found an unlikely ally in the form of chain-smoking, musically clueless late-night talk-show host Tom...2006-01-24
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Furious 7' breaks box office records in China
- Jon Stewart's final 'Daily Show' to air Aug. 6
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Hayden Panettiere, Olivia Munn, Salma Hayek & More!