For someone who lives in the huge glass house called Hollywood, Pink sure has some big stones. In the Dave Meyers-directed ”Stupid Girls” video, which is scheduled to debut today on MTV.com (we spotted it early here), Pink gets into character to lampoon Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Mary-Kate Olsen (pictured), Paris Hilton, breast implants, spray-on tanning, and, um, bulimia. Pink also poses as a political candidate whose televised speech is being watched by a little girl, as if to suggest that girls and women are too obsessed with looks, fame, and money and not enough on loftier pursuits like politics. Pretty funny to watch, but it’s still too easy to dismiss the clip as a slumping artist’s bid for renewed attention, since the song itself is a tired slab of warmed-over club beats.
Posted January 26 2006 — 7:33 PM EST
- Uber offering free 'Mad Max: Fury Road'-themed rides in Seattle
- How the faith-based drama 'War Room' became a sleeper hit
- 'The Unauthorized O.C. Musical': Ranking the musical numbers
- A fourth-grade teacher turned his classroom into the ultimate Kanye West tribute
- Wes Craven: A horror legend who pushed limits
- Miley Cyrus was 'cursing in anger' after Nicki Minaj VMA moment
- Lupita Nyong'o, Bernie Sanders among week 2 guests for Stephen Colbert
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!