For someone who lives in the huge glass house called Hollywood, Pink sure has some big stones. In the Dave Meyers-directed ”Stupid Girls” video, which is scheduled to debut today on MTV.com (we spotted it early here), Pink gets into character to lampoon Jessica Simpson, Lindsay Lohan, Mary-Kate Olsen (pictured), Paris Hilton, breast implants, spray-on tanning, and, um, bulimia. Pink also poses as a political candidate whose televised speech is being watched by a little girl, as if to suggest that girls and women are too obsessed with looks, fame, and money and not enough on loftier pursuits like politics. Pretty funny to watch, but it’s still too easy to dismiss the clip as a slumping artist’s bid for renewed attention, since the song itself is a tired slab of warmed-over club beats.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!