After more than 25 years on the scene, U2 have discovered hip-hop. So says Bono, in an interview with the Associated Press, in which he cops to being a Kanye West fan and says there may be some hip-hop flava on the next U2 album. Even if not, he says, the next disc will have to be experimental and exploratory because otherwise, why bother. ”We don’t need the cash,” he helpfully points out. The singer also says he’s too lazy to record a solo album, and that his bandmates still grumble that he spends so much time ”hanging out with really uncool politicians.” Yeah, dude, but all the politicians who hang out with you become cool by proxy – that’s why they hang out with you, isn’t it?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- Ben Stiller's little-known punk rocker past comes to light
- 'Barely Lethal' R rating overturned
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!