Director Terrence Malick has trimmed 15 minutes from his magnificent Jamestown epic, and the new version conveys a luminous vision of risks taken and chances lost. As John Smith (Colin Farrell) is bewitched by Pocahontas (Q’orianka Kilcher), Malick shuffles a deck of elegiac images (water/sky/clouds/rain).
Genre: Historical; Starring: Christian Bale, Colin Farrell, Q'orianka Kilcher, Christopher Plummer; Director: Terrence Malick; Author: Terrence Malick; Release Date Limited: 12/25/2005; Release Date Wide: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels