Director Terrence Malick has trimmed 15 minutes from his magnificent Jamestown epic, and the new version conveys a luminous vision of risks taken and chances lost. As John Smith (Colin Farrell) is bewitched by Pocahontas (Q’orianka Kilcher), Malick shuffles a deck of elegiac images (water/sky/clouds/rain).
Genre: Historical; Starring: Christian Bale, Colin Farrell, Q'orianka Kilcher, Christopher Plummer; Director: Terrence Malick; Author: Terrence Malick; Release Date Limited: 12/25/2005; Release Date Wide: 01/20/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!