Director Terrence Malick has trimmed 15 minutes from his magnificent Jamestown epic, and the new version conveys a luminous vision of risks taken and chances lost. As John Smith (Colin Farrell) is bewitched by Pocahontas (Q’orianka Kilcher), Malick shuffles a deck of elegiac images (water/sky/clouds/rain).
Genre: Historical; Starring: Christian Bale, Colin Farrell, Q'orianka Kilcher, Christopher Plummer; Director: Terrence Malick; Author: Terrence Malick; Release Date Limited: 12/25/2005; Release Date Wide: 01/20/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 135; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: New Line Cinema
Posted January 27 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- Kim Kardashian West is Wonder Woman in Halloween throwback photo
- 'The Flash': Meet the new Harrison Wells
- '24: Legacy' drops new trailer during World Series
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop