While tributes are rarely worth the spit of those being ”honored,” Dream Brother (inspired by EW music critic David Browne’s book of the same name) is an anomaly: 13 bold and nuanced reimaginings of hard-to-top Jeff and Tim Buckley cuts. Instead of trying to compete with the Buckleys’ sublimely angelic vocal DNA, acts like the Magic Numbers, Bitmap, and Sufjan Stevens show true reverence by stamping each song with their own lovingly personal fingerprints.
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Ryko
Posted January 30 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters