Rockabilly legend Wanda Jackson once dated Elvis Presley, and that’s as good an excuse as any to exploit the King’s name with a tribute CD called I Remember Elvis. But even cash-ins can have artistic merit, and this is a solid run-through of Elvis’ ’50s rave-ups. Jackson’s lost the kittenish growl that made her sound like some alien life-form, but she compensates with a relaxed, resourceful delivery. The crackerjack band (Don Randi, Clem Burke, etc.) doesn’t hurt, either.
I Remember Elvis Rockabilly legend Wanda Jackson once dated Elvis Presley, and that's as good an excuse as any to exploit the King's name with a tribute CD called ...I Remember ElvisRock Rockabilly legend Wanda Jackson once dated Elvis Presley, and that's as good an excuse as any to exploit the King's name with a tribute CD called ...2006-01-30
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Wanda Jackson; Producer (group): Goldenlane
Posted January 30 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!