The likable P.O.D. are often dismissed as a born-again Rage Against the Machine. But when the darkly inspirational rap-rockers morph into reggae-rockers, they become their own men. With cameos by Hasidic dancehall rhymer/kindred spirit Matisyahu and production by radio-pop physicist Glen Ballard, Testify adds a few improved grooves and hooks to their usual numbing pummel. And as brooding metalists go, these dudes are righteous enough to impress Mom — spiritually, anyhow.
(P.O.D.: Zach Cordner / Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Atlantic; Status: In Season
Posted January 30 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters