The Mighty Duck once was a master mosher. Seriously. Learning the nitty-gritty of the repossession biz from Stanton’s coke addict, Emilio Estevez chases a 1964 Chevy Malibu from outer space in punk auteur Alex Cox’s Repo Man. Imagine Travis Bickle traversing the neon graffiti wasteland of early MTV while proclaiming, ”Let’s go do some crimes…. Let’s go get sushi and not pay.” EXTRAS In an interview, Harry Dean Stanton explicates nihilism. But we’re more stirred by his irascible retorts to the naggy questioner (”Don’t you get it?”) and his random, mid-chat ”Row Your Boat” performance. Commentary by Cox and cast and crew merrily waxes nostalgic about Estevez’s on-set behavior — ”He liked to run around in his briefs a lot,” ”Always nice and clean, though” — and boasts film’s first use of air bags. So punk rock.
Repo Man The Mighty Duck once was a master mosher. Seriously. Learning the nitty-gritty of the repossession biz from Stanton's coke addict, Emilio Estevez ...Repo ManSci-fi and Fantasy, ComedyAlex Cox The Mighty Duck once was a master mosher. Seriously. Learning the nitty-gritty of the repossession biz from Stanton's coke addict, Emilio Estevez ...2006-01-31Olivia BarashSy RichardsonTracey WalterOlivia Barash, Sy Richardson, Tracey Walter
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Comedy; Starring: Emilio Estevez, Harry Dean Stanton, Olivia Barash, Sy Richardson, Tracey Walter; Director: Alex Cox; Author: Alex Cox
Posted January 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'