The latest from producer Adam Sandler features Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder as grown-up dweebs who come to bat for geeky kids terrorized by neighborhood bullies. ”We form this tournament and play baseball against all the other Little League teams for revenge — not just for us, but for nerds all over the world,” says Heder. ”Of course, we’re still horrible baseball players.” For the Napoleon Dynamite star, the shoot was like a field of dreams. ”I grew up watching Saturday Night Live, so to work with these two was just so surreal,” he says. ”It’s like, Okay, am I really here? And do I belong here?” (April 7)
(Benchwarmers: Darren Michaels)
Posted February 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton