The latest from producer Adam Sandler features Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder as grown-up dweebs who come to bat for geeky kids terrorized by neighborhood bullies. ”We form this tournament and play baseball against all the other Little League teams for revenge — not just for us, but for nerds all over the world,” says Heder. ”Of course, we’re still horrible baseball players.” For the Napoleon Dynamite star, the shoot was like a field of dreams. ”I grew up watching Saturday Night Live, so to work with these two was just so surreal,” he says. ”It’s like, Okay, am I really here? And do I belong here?” (April 7)
(Benchwarmers: Darren Michaels)
Posted February 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!