The latest from producer Adam Sandler features Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder as grown-up dweebs who come to bat for geeky kids terrorized by neighborhood bullies. ”We form this tournament and play baseball against all the other Little League teams for revenge — not just for us, but for nerds all over the world,” says Heder. ”Of course, we’re still horrible baseball players.” For the Napoleon Dynamite star, the shoot was like a field of dreams. ”I grew up watching Saturday Night Live, so to work with these two was just so surreal,” he says. ”It’s like, Okay, am I really here? And do I belong here?” (April 7)
(Benchwarmers: Darren Michaels)
Posted February 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip