The latest from producer Adam Sandler features Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Jon Heder as grown-up dweebs who come to bat for geeky kids terrorized by neighborhood bullies. ”We form this tournament and play baseball against all the other Little League teams for revenge — not just for us, but for nerds all over the world,” says Heder. ”Of course, we’re still horrible baseball players.” For the Napoleon Dynamite star, the shoot was like a field of dreams. ”I grew up watching Saturday Night Live, so to work with these two was just so surreal,” he says. ”It’s like, Okay, am I really here? And do I belong here?” (April 7)
(Benchwarmers: Darren Michaels)
Posted February 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!