I’ve always been a fan of science fiction, and I think Sci Fi Channel’s Stargate Atlantis is not that dissimilar from Star Trek, with all the flying around in ships and aliens. It’s also really cute that one of the doctors, Beckett (Paul McGillion), has a Scottish accent, like Scotty. He’s a lot more advanced than Scotty, though: a little more hi-tech, but then our knowledge of technology has increased dramatically since Star Trek was made. I love the premise that there was a higher form of intelligence on our planet, and the effects are excellent. The writing on this show is also real good, and all the characters are very believable. Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) is great. I get the feeling he’s a lot smarter than he acts. Dr. Elizabeth (Torri Higginson) kind of holds everyone in the group together, and Ronon (Jason Momoa) is the aggressive, muscular, kick-ass guy. I can see how he’d probably be attractive to the girls. I also like the female Wraith (Andee Frizzell). She’s androgynous, but there’s a coolness about her. The way she delivers her lines, it’s very understated but it grabs you. Certainly, when the other Wraith says in the season finale, ”There’s been a change in plans,” it would’ve been nice to teleport off the ship, like I could as Space Ace in Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park. Still, I’m really hooked.
Posted March 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA picks up Ryan Phillippe-starring 'Shooter' to series
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday