The restless protagonists on Neko Case’s latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for dangerous romance and the knife’s edge, wandering in a doomed landscape straight out of Faulkner. Elegies like ”Star Witness” and ”A Widow’s Toast” sound spooked, as if they were recorded at the bottom of a well. Moving further away from her early alt-country sound has sharpened Case’s songwriting instincts; her death-haunted folk casts a beguiling spell.
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...Fox Confessor Brings the FloodRock The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...2006-03-06
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Neko Case; Producer (group): Anti-
Posted March 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Spotify reveals most streamed artist of the year
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'