The restless protagonists on Neko Case’s latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for dangerous romance and the knife’s edge, wandering in a doomed landscape straight out of Faulkner. Elegies like ”Star Witness” and ”A Widow’s Toast” sound spooked, as if they were recorded at the bottom of a well. Moving further away from her early alt-country sound has sharpened Case’s songwriting instincts; her death-haunted folk casts a beguiling spell.
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...Fox Confessor Brings the FloodRock The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...2006-03-06
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Neko Case; Producer (group): Anti-
Posted March 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!