The restless protagonists on Neko Case’s latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for dangerous romance and the knife’s edge, wandering in a doomed landscape straight out of Faulkner. Elegies like ”Star Witness” and ”A Widow’s Toast” sound spooked, as if they were recorded at the bottom of a well. Moving further away from her early alt-country sound has sharpened Case’s songwriting instincts; her death-haunted folk casts a beguiling spell.
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...Fox Confessor Brings the FloodRock The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...2006-03-06
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Neko Case; Producer (group): Anti-
Posted March 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Magicians' cast on the troubles with finger tutting
- 'Pokémon Go' helping to support national parks
- WATCH: 'Son of Zorn' cast explains mix of animation and live action
- 'Grimm' costars David Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch are engaged
- WATCH: How 'The Walking Dead' is like a Twinkie
- WATCH: 'Dirk Gently' compared to 'Supernatural,' 'Sherlock,' 'Doctor Who'
- 'Star Trek' series title revealed