The restless protagonists on Neko Case’s latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for dangerous romance and the knife’s edge, wandering in a doomed landscape straight out of Faulkner. Elegies like ”Star Witness” and ”A Widow’s Toast” sound spooked, as if they were recorded at the bottom of a well. Moving further away from her early alt-country sound has sharpened Case’s songwriting instincts; her death-haunted folk casts a beguiling spell.
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...Fox Confessor Brings the FloodRock The restless protagonists on Neko Case's latest — and finest — album, Fox Confessor, are outsiders with a taste for...2006-03-06
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Neko Case; Producer (group): Anti-; Status: In Season
Posted March 6 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters