The video for Four Day Hombre’s “The First Word is the Hardest,” the second single off their new album Experiment in Living (out March 13 in the U.K., but you can order it on Amazon.com), goes back to the days when videos actually told stories. A woman agrees to give an old man a ride after he falls from the sky and on to the hood of HER CAR! As they speed away from an unnamed “villain,” the old man (was it her father?) turns into a young man (her boyfriend?) and later into a young boy (her son?). Whispery vocals (think Chris Martin-esque), a slowly building melody, and the repeated lyric “I cannot help you” make this driving piece of Brit- rock memorable. Also take a listen to their “smash-your-head-into-the-wall” brilliant cover of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill.”
Posted March 8 2006 — 10:30 PM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'