The video for Four Day Hombre’s “The First Word is the Hardest,” the second single off their new album Experiment in Living (out March 13 in the U.K., but you can order it on Amazon.com), goes back to the days when videos actually told stories. A woman agrees to give an old man a ride after he falls from the sky and on to the hood of HER CAR! As they speed away from an unnamed “villain,” the old man (was it her father?) turns into a young man (her boyfriend?) and later into a young boy (her son?). Whispery vocals (think Chris Martin-esque), a slowly building melody, and the repeated lyric “I cannot help you” make this driving piece of Brit- rock memorable. Also take a listen to their “smash-your-head-into-the-wall” brilliant cover of Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill.”
Posted March 8 2006 — 10:30 PM EST
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'