It would be a betrayal of the intricate work of Jodi Picoult’s 13th novel to divulge all the details here — the first three pages of this book will take your breath away. Still, here are the essentials: Daniel Stone is a graphic novelist. His wife, Laura, teaches Dante’s Inferno at the local college. And their 14-year-old daughter, Trixie, says she was raped by her ex-boyfriend. This is a family in full collapse, aided by too much deception and assumed familiarity; Picoult (My Sister’s Keeper) paints those shades deftly, never dipping her brush into the overwrought. Her imagery is thick with ravens and blizzards and other wild things, plus she wisely parallels the Stones’ saga with pages from Daniel’s latest comic-in-progress (drawn in real life by Dustin Weaver): the story of a man who must rescue his daughter from hell. The Tenth Circle lands, as Picoult might say, like a fat black crow on your chest.
The Tenth Circle It would be a betrayal of the intricate work of Jodi Picoult's 13th novel to divulge all the details here — the first three pages of this book...The Tenth CircleFictionJodi Picoult It would be a betrayal of the intricate work of Jodi Picoult's 13th novel to divulge all the details here — the first three pages of this book...2006-03-08Atria
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jodi Picoult; Publisher: Atria
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Talking love and movies with 'Belgian Brando' Matthias Schoenaerts
- Youngest 'Partridge Family' actress dies at 52
- Earl Sweatshirt shares new 10-minute song 'Solace'
- Barbra Streisand reunites Robert Redford with Chaplin Award
- Muse releases eerie new video for 'Dead Inside'
- Stream Phoebe Bridgers and Daniel Clarke's new Pax-Am 7-Inch Series releases
- 'Hunger Games' star responds to Baltimore riots