Here’s M. Night Shyamalan’s Oscar-night commercial for American Express, all two minutes of it. Yes, it’s pretty ego-tastic – Night himself (bottom left) seems awfully disturbed by the prospect of having to eat lunch among regular folks, and even the compliment from the waitress who recognizes him as the director of The Sixth Sense comes off as unsettling. But you can’t deny his effectiveness as a creator of creepy, button-pushing images (above left). I’m still not sure how this is supposed to get me to sign up for a credit card; it just makes me never want to eat in a restaurant again.
Posted March 9 2006 — 8:07 PM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'