Doubt — John Patrick Shanley’s Pulitzer Prize winner about a priest, a nun, and an accusation — is a shrewdly structured sermon on a subject that defies structure and sermonizing. With Defiance, Shanley again applies slippery rationality to the Foggy Inexorable. This time, the result is more fog. On a North Carolina Marine base in 1971, a crusading colonel (Stephen Lang, stentorian and stilted) tries to ease racial tension with the help of a reluctant black captain (Chris Chalk). When a snaky Baptist chaplain (Chris Bauer) feels out both men’s flaws, big ideas like Duty, Values, and God crowd the stage — and shove the characters roughly into the wings.
Defiance Doubt — John Patrick Shanley's Pulitzer Prize winner about a priest, a nun, and an accusation — is a shrewdly structured sermon on...DefianceJohn Patrick Shanley Doubt — John Patrick Shanley's Pulitzer Prize winner about a priest, a nun, and an accusation — is a shrewdly structured sermon on...2006-03-10
Starring: Chris Bauer, Stephen Lang; Director: John Patrick Shanley; Author: John Patrick Shanley; Opening Date: 02/28/2006
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!