Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline’s implausible new thriller, has a secret compulsion for picking up guys in sleazy bars — until she’s exposed after ruling against a desperate-to-make-it-big lawyer, Richard Marz, who claimed Hollywood producer Art Simone stole his idea for a hit legal TV show. Both men turn up dead, and Fante learns that Simone had produced a soon-to-be-aired spin-off, starring a sexy judge with a secret sex life. Meanwhile, someone involved in the case is bent on destroying Fante’s career. Whew! Mercifully, all the unlikely plot contortions are mitigated by Scottoline’s assured way with dialogue and her ability to render character in a few swift strokes.
Dirty Blonde Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline's implausible new thriller, has a secret...Dirty BlondeFiction, Mystery and ThrillerLisa Scottoline Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline's implausible new thriller, has a secret...2006-03-10HarperCollins
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Lisa Scottoline; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Tom Hiddleston stars as Hank Williams in first 'I Saw the Light' trailer
- 'Star Wars' targets January release date in China
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'
- Amazon's 'Mozart in the Jungle': See the exclusive season 2 trailer
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' gets its very own ice cream flavors
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Patricia Arquette's path to winning an Oscar