Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline’s implausible new thriller, has a secret compulsion for picking up guys in sleazy bars — until she’s exposed after ruling against a desperate-to-make-it-big lawyer, Richard Marz, who claimed Hollywood producer Art Simone stole his idea for a hit legal TV show. Both men turn up dead, and Fante learns that Simone had produced a soon-to-be-aired spin-off, starring a sexy judge with a secret sex life. Meanwhile, someone involved in the case is bent on destroying Fante’s career. Whew! Mercifully, all the unlikely plot contortions are mitigated by Scottoline’s assured way with dialogue and her ability to render character in a few swift strokes.
Dirty Blonde Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline's implausible new thriller, has a secret...Dirty BlondeFiction, Mystery and ThrillerLisa Scottoline Cate Fante, a rookie Philadelphia judge and the eponymous Dirty Blonde in Lisa Scottoline's implausible new thriller, has a secret...2006-03-10HarperCollins
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Lisa Scottoline; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fear the Walking Dead producers reveal how much time season 1 will cover
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!