Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'