Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Watch Blur's first ever performance of 'Go Out' off 'The Magic Whip' -- exclusive
- Jason Jones says goodbye to 'The Daily Show'
- Zayn Malik speaks out about leaving One Direction
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!