Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- WATCH: Anthony Anderson sings in 'Doc McStuffins' season premiere
- Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays
- 'Stranger Things' bosses tease 'darker' season 2
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels