Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Navy SEAL Team 'SIX' takes on risky mission in new clip — exclusive
- Dwayne Johnson's 'Central Intelligence' flashback required CG muscle
- Penelope Cruz's chilhood pose inspires Jimmy Fallon's new impression
- 6 things you learn hanging out with Nick Jonas
- Brent Spiner's Dr. Okun returns in 'Independence Day: Resurgence' clip
- Memorial Day box office: See what was topping the charts 25 years ago
- WATCH: Exclusive trailer for new LGBT documentary 'Political Animals'
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers
- 'Thelma and Louise': Where Are They Now?