Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 2015 Tony Nominations: Watch the nominations live here
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed