Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kurt Russell western 'Bone Tomahawk' chosen as Fantastic Fest closing night film
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best comedic actress nominees
- Another 'Black Mass' trailer, another terrifying look at Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger
- 13 fictional summer camps we wish we could attend
- Cannes fave 'Carol' changes its release date
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' adds Constance Zimmer as Coulson foil
- Broadway play 'Hamilton' will become a book
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!