Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- Miley Cyrus comments on engagement ring
- Seth Meyers mocks Donald Trump's Obamacare response
- Justin Timberlake on his voting booth selfie: 'I had no idea!'
- Elijah Wood turned down the chance to fight Daniel Radcliffe
- Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon prove they're totally best friends
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers