Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon celebrate Valentine's Day with cats on 'SNL'
- 'SNL' mocks reactions to Beyoncé's 'Formation' with horror movie spoof
- George Clooney describes how 'bananas' it was to do 'Facts of Life'
- What time are the Grammys? And other burning questions answered!
- Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton sings 'I Can't Make You Love Me' on 'SNL'
- See Kanye West vs. Kyle Mooney in an 'SNL' rap battle
- Kanye West performs 'Highlights,' 'Ultralight Beam' on 'SNL'