Is Bruce Willis’ film career numbered? Absolutely. Beginning with his aptly titled maiden film, 1980’s The First Deadly Sin, and wrapping with his latest vehicle, 16 Blocks — which opened at $11.9 million last weekend — Willis has appeared in movies featuring every number from 1 to 10 in the title…except 8. (For numerology newcomers, you add the 1 and the 6 in 16 Blocks to make 7; the 12 in 12 Monkeys becomes 3.) Rosemary K. West, numerologist and author of By the Numbers: How Numbers Can Add Meaning to Your Life, sees no real significance to Willis’ digit-laden résumé, chalking up the pattern to coincidence. Really? Even with titles like The Fifth Element and The Sixth Sense? Well, she concedes, ”if his next film has an 8 in the title, I’ll start to think he’s doing it on purpose.” May we suggest a prequel to The Whole Nine Yards?
Posted March 10 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- This is the most unlikely 'Shake It Off' cover yet
- What would Jason Statham think of playing Bond?
- Netflix clarifies rumors about ads on streaming service
- Ed Sheeran covers Limp Bizkit and heavy metal on 'Tonight Show'
- Iggy Azalea engaged to Nick Young
- Rob Kardashian didn't recognize Caitlyn Jenner
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'