Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show – what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Posted March 10 2006 — 3:56 PM EST
- 'This Is Us' creator Dan Fogelman on episode 2's gut-punch ending
- 'Scream Queens': John Stamos on that 'pretty awkward' shower scene
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia on episode 2's twist
- Sia uses her song 'The Greatest' to endorse Hillary Clinton
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'