Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show – what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!