Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show – what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Posted March 10 2006 — 3:56 PM EST
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- Taylor Towsend will play Julie Cooper in 'The O.C. Musical'
- The wedding is over for It Shoulda Been You on Broadway
- 'Teen Wolf' season 4 DVD: See the limited edition art for Comic-Con
- Donald Trump doubles down on Mexico comments: 'It’s totally accurate'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!