Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show – what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Posted March 10 2006 — 3:56 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'