Has Joey Tribbiani uttered his last ”How you doin’?” Variety thinks so, based on NBC’s yanking Joey after just one installment in its Tuesday slot, in favor of Most Outrageous Moments. According to the trade paper, it looks like Joey won’t return until summer (if at all), when it will likely burn off its remaining episodes. No official announcement from NBC, but if Variety’s speculation is correct, it makes me sad. Not for the series, but for Matt LeBlanc. Having your tailor-made spinoff spend its entire two-year lifespan on a slow deathwatch, only to be bumped in favor a blooper show – what could be more embarrassing than that? Besides having the monkey movie Ed on your resume, I mean.
Posted March 10 2006 — 3:56 PM EST
- How to pretend you've read 'Infinite Jest'
- Elders react to 'Batman v Superman' trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner talks comic villain Negan in season 6
- 'American Ultra' teaser: Jesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart fight the government
- Ice-T lends his voice to 'Dora the Explorer,' 'The Smurfs' and 'Care Bears'
- Let's rank the 'Mission: Impossible' movies
- Guess which celebrities wrote these children's books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, The Baldwins & More!