Bettie Page is almost as renowned for her decades of seclusion as for her risque 1950s pinup photos (like the one at near left). But now, the 82-year-old legend has resurfaced. Talking to the Los Angeles Times, she comments briefly on her enduring popularity, including the impending April release of the biopic The Notorious Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol (far left). Her lone beef: Why ”Notorious”? She seems to be unashamed of anything she’s done in a life that’s ranged from teaching school to posing for nude and fetish photos to becoming a born-again crusader for Billy Graham to being institutionalized after attacking her landlady with a knife. All she asks now is not to be photographed. ”I want to be remembered as I was when I was young and in my golden times,” she says. ”I want to be remembered as a woman who changed people’s perspectives concerning nudity in its natural form.” Okay, Bettie, will do.
Posted March 13 2006 — 2:55 PM EST
- Ed Sheeran breaks out his British red coat for Taylor Swift’s Fourth of July party
- Billy Joel's surprise July 4 wedding
- Penn & Teller reveal the craziest tricks from their upcoming Broadway show
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!