Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted March 13 2006 — 3:46 PM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday