Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted March 13 2006 — 3:46 PM EST
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Uncle Jesse & Aunt Becky's twins will be on 'Fuller House' too
- Jason Segel gets serious playing David Foster Wallace in 'The End of the Tour'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!