Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!