Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted March 13 2006 — 3:46 PM EST
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Brody Jenner opens up about Caitlyn in new interview
- Dee Snider is back with his first new song in over 20 years
- Mulder and Scully are back in action in new 'X-Files' revival teaser
- 'Iron Man' honest trailer proves Marvel can build a franchise out of anybody
- 'Heroes: Reborn': 5 ways the revival avoids past mistakes
- 'Graceland' sneak peek: The truth about Sid comes out!
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!