Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Daredevil': 5 new character posters from Marvel's first Netflix show
- Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves to headline Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic
- 'The Wiz' is NBC's next musical
- 'Shadowhunters' gets series order from ABC Family
- 'Walking Dead': Its most-watched finale
- 'The Flash' boss debunks one theory
- Harvey Weinstein sexual assault claim
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!