Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted March 13 2006 — 3:46 PM EST
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'
- New York Comic Con: What we learned from the 'Once Upon a Time' panel
- See Dwayne Johnson's latest post-gym dance moves
- Ava DuVernay, Catherine Hardwicke respond to Hollywood gender discrimination probe
- There will be magazine cover drama in Lifetime's 'Melrose Place' movie
- 'Blindspot' gets full season order