Just in time for the 20th anniversary of Blue Velvet comes this faux-trailer, spinning David Lynch’s suburban nightmare as a Meet the Fockers-type comedy, in which everything would be fine for Kyle MacLachlan and Laura Dern (pictured) if not for wacky potential father-in-law Dennis Hopper. Robert Ryang cut it for last week’s Independent Spirit Awards. Not as funny as his priceless Shining trailer, which turned Stanley Kubrick’s horror classic into a warm family dramedy, but still pretty clever. (And not safe for work, since Ryang left in a few of the Hopper character’s typically profane exhortations.) Bonus points for use of trailer cliches ”Under Pressure” and ”Bad to the Bone” on the soundtrack.
Posted March 13 2006 — 3:46 PM EST
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig
- 'Supergirl' scores full season at CBS
- Shopping for a 1920s Parisian bedroom like the one in 'The Danish Girl'? Check eBay.
- 'Supergirl': Mehcad Brooks talks stepping out of a superhero's shadow