Not that anyone expected Sunday’s Sopranos premiere to knock Desperate Housewives off its perch, but they did some damage to each other. Sopranos has never had much competition before in its 9 p.m. Sunday slot, but this year, it debuted with an estimated 9.5 million, down about 25 percent from the Season 5 premiere two years ago. In the other corner, Housewives drew 22.2 million, its smallest audience in more than a year, and about a million less than the last new episode three weeks ago. The real winner Sunday was Housewives’ follow-up, Grey’s Anatomy, which drew 22.5 million. It’s been outdrawing its lead-in for a few weeks now. Tail is now officially wagging dog.
Posted March 14 2006 — 8:55 PM EST
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'
- Paul Rudd & Steve Coogan to play a couple in 'An Ideal Home'
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos