Since newspapers and magazines can only spill so much ink speculating whether or not Katie Couric is planning to take over the CBS Evening News anchor chair, talk has turned to who might replace her at NBC’s Today if indeed she does bolt. At this point, four names are being bandied about like holiday piñatas: Three front-runners within the network – correspondent Natalie Morales, Weekend Today cohost Campbell Brown, and Today news anchor Ann Curry – and one from outside, The View’s Meredith Vieira, the option that intrigues me most. Think about it: Vieira has sufficient news chops (no, not from ”Hot Topics,” but rather her tenure at 60 Minutes in the early ’90s) and she’s about as likable as they come. While word has it that Vieira probably won’t consider a move because she’s got a comfortable schedule that’s given her flexibility to deal with her husband’s health woes, being paired with Matt Lauer has to be better than sharing a table with host-bot Elisabeth Hasselbeck, right? Anyhow, if you ran NBC, who would you hire as Today’s cohost?
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!