I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Posted March 15 2006 — 10:24 PM EST
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters
- Miramax, Roadside in talks to distribute Obama romance movie 'Southside With You'
- Kanye West does not even pretend to enjoy being in 'SNL' promos
- Hannibal Buress joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Baywatch'
- 'The X-Files': Mulder and Scully meet their doppelgängers in this exclusive clip