I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Posted March 15 2006 — 10:24 PM EST
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing
- 'Supergirl' taps Jenna Dewan-Tatum as Lucy Lane