I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Posted March 15 2006 — 10:24 PM EST
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Bryce & Chris, Karlie Kloss, Tony & Gaga and More!