I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Posted March 15 2006 — 10:24 PM EST
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good