I’m going to admit something, and I don’t even care if I get hate mail for it: I’ve always despised Garfield. I mean, even fans of the fat cat can’t deny it’s the laziest of comic strips, a one-joke pony, if you will. Of course, maybe I shouldn’t have been looking for laughs in Jim Davis’ work. Today’s Metafilter pointed me to Lakini Malich’s LiveJournal, where he has erased all of Garfield’s thought bubbles, and revealed this cartoon as a rumination on one man’s futile quest for personal fulfillment. Heath Ledger, I think you just found your Brokeback followup.
Posted March 15 2006 — 10:24 PM EST
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit