Kanye West plans to be a movie star, and he’ll get about a dozen directors to help him. He’s planning a big-screen musical, a portrait of America, inspired by his own songs. It won’t just be a music video anthology, but rather vignettes by different filmmakers about life in the U.S., linked by a plot. The movie will include new and old songs by the rapper. George C. Wolfe (Lackawanna Blues) is overseeing the project. Say what you like about West’s notorious ego, but you can’t fault him for lack of ambition.
Posted March 15 2006 — 3:49 PM EST
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade