Kanye West plans to be a movie star, and he’ll get about a dozen directors to help him. He’s planning a big-screen musical, a portrait of America, inspired by his own songs. It won’t just be a music video anthology, but rather vignettes by different filmmakers about life in the U.S., linked by a plot. The movie will include new and old songs by the rapper. George C. Wolfe (Lackawanna Blues) is overseeing the project. Say what you like about West’s notorious ego, but you can’t fault him for lack of ambition.
Posted March 15 2006 — 3:49 PM EST
- Chris Rock brings the wine for a Shondaland Oscars in new promos
- Betty White gives 'Deadpool' four 'Golden Girls' in profanity-filled review
- Kanye West tweets about ‘The Life of Pablo’ delay
- See Justin Timberlake's cover of Bell Biv DeVoe's 'Poison'
- Can Caleb from 'Big Brother' hack it on 'Survivor'? Jeff Probst weighs in
- Which member of Destiny’s Child are you?
- 'The Walking Dead': Lennie James says Morgan-Rick rift is bigger than people realize