Kanye West plans to be a movie star, and he’ll get about a dozen directors to help him. He’s planning a big-screen musical, a portrait of America, inspired by his own songs. It won’t just be a music video anthology, but rather vignettes by different filmmakers about life in the U.S., linked by a plot. The movie will include new and old songs by the rapper. George C. Wolfe (Lackawanna Blues) is overseeing the project. Say what you like about West’s notorious ego, but you can’t fault him for lack of ambition.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip