Kanye West plans to be a movie star, and he’ll get about a dozen directors to help him. He’s planning a big-screen musical, a portrait of America, inspired by his own songs. It won’t just be a music video anthology, but rather vignettes by different filmmakers about life in the U.S., linked by a plot. The movie will include new and old songs by the rapper. George C. Wolfe (Lackawanna Blues) is overseeing the project. Say what you like about West’s notorious ego, but you can’t fault him for lack of ambition.
Posted March 15 2006 — 3:49 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles