Kanye West plans to be a movie star, and he’ll get about a dozen directors to help him. He’s planning a big-screen musical, a portrait of America, inspired by his own songs. It won’t just be a music video anthology, but rather vignettes by different filmmakers about life in the U.S., linked by a plot. The movie will include new and old songs by the rapper. George C. Wolfe (Lackawanna Blues) is overseeing the project. Say what you like about West’s notorious ego, but you can’t fault him for lack of ambition.
Posted March 15 2006 — 3:49 PM EST
- Heroes: Reborn unveils new H.R.G. art
- How Rachel Platten fought her way to the top with 'Fight Song'
- Hear the Grateful Dead shred on a 1981 version of 'Shakedown Street'
- Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character