Misogyny, murder, mommy issues — all fodder for comedy in the hands of gleefully perverse playwright Joe Orton. And for laughs per minute, you can’t beat this tissue-thin Roundabout Theatre Company revival of the 1964 satire. Erstwhile O.C. hunk Chris Carmack (as the landlady-shagging Sloane), Jan Maxwell (horny hausfrau Kath), Alec Baldwin (Kat’s, ahem, bachelor brother), and Richard Easton (the senile patriarch) all make the most of Orton’s ribald humor, if not his trademark nihilism. For true grit, look to Allen Moyer’s set, a terrifically tattered London-area flat that’s as inviting as it is off-putting. Much like Orton’s entire oeuvre. (Tickets: Call 212-719-1300, or visit Roundabout Theatre's website)
Starring: Alec Baldwin, Chris Carmack, Richard Easton, Jan Maxwell; Director: Scott Ellis; Author: Joe Orton; Opening Date: 03/16/2006
Posted March 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!