Misogyny, murder, mommy issues — all fodder for comedy in the hands of gleefully perverse playwright Joe Orton. And for laughs per minute, you can’t beat this tissue-thin Roundabout Theatre Company revival of the 1964 satire. Erstwhile O.C. hunk Chris Carmack (as the landlady-shagging Sloane), Jan Maxwell (horny hausfrau Kath), Alec Baldwin (Kat’s, ahem, bachelor brother), and Richard Easton (the senile patriarch) all make the most of Orton’s ribald humor, if not his trademark nihilism. For true grit, look to Allen Moyer’s set, a terrifically tattered London-area flat that’s as inviting as it is off-putting. Much like Orton’s entire oeuvre. (Tickets: Call 212-719-1300, or visit Roundabout Theatre's website)
Starring: Alec Baldwin, Chris Carmack, Richard Easton, Jan Maxwell; Director: Scott Ellis; Author: Joe Orton; Opening Date: 03/16/2006
Posted March 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!