Misogyny, murder, mommy issues — all fodder for comedy in the hands of gleefully perverse playwright Joe Orton. And for laughs per minute, you can’t beat this tissue-thin Roundabout Theatre Company revival of the 1964 satire. Erstwhile O.C. hunk Chris Carmack (as the landlady-shagging Sloane), Jan Maxwell (horny hausfrau Kath), Alec Baldwin (Kat’s, ahem, bachelor brother), and Richard Easton (the senile patriarch) all make the most of Orton’s ribald humor, if not his trademark nihilism. For true grit, look to Allen Moyer’s set, a terrifically tattered London-area flat that’s as inviting as it is off-putting. Much like Orton’s entire oeuvre. (Tickets: Call 212-719-1300, or visit Roundabout Theatre's website)
Starring: Alec Baldwin, Chris Carmack, Richard Easton, Jan Maxwell; Director: Scott Ellis; Author: Joe Orton; Opening Date: 03/16/2006
Posted March 23 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart does more cocaine, hires hooker in latest Blunt Talk trailer
- Wrestler 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper dies at 61
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!