Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim’s 1970 musical explored New Yorkers’ mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully deadpan Raúl Esparza), a 35-year-old commitment-phobe surrounded by happy loving couples. As he did in Broadway’s current Sweeney Todd revival, British director John Doyle casts triple threats who sing, act, and play all the instruments. The show runs like a greyhound: sleek and elegant, without any wasted movement. The talented cast — charming from top to bottom — uses Sondheim’s chromatic lyricism to paint a complicated, compelling portrait of modern relationships, making this Company a most welcome visitor. (513-421-3888)
Company Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...CompanyStephen Sondheim Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...2006-03-24
Starring: Raul Esparza; Director: John Doyle; Author: Stephen Sondheim; Opening Date: 03/14/2006; Status: In Season
Posted March 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?