Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim’s 1970 musical explored New Yorkers’ mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully deadpan Raúl Esparza), a 35-year-old commitment-phobe surrounded by happy loving couples. As he did in Broadway’s current Sweeney Todd revival, British director John Doyle casts triple threats who sing, act, and play all the instruments. The show runs like a greyhound: sleek and elegant, without any wasted movement. The talented cast — charming from top to bottom — uses Sondheim’s chromatic lyricism to paint a complicated, compelling portrait of modern relationships, making this Company a most welcome visitor. (513-421-3888)
Company Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...CompanyStephen Sondheim Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...2006-03-24
Starring: Raul Esparza; Director: John Doyle; Author: Stephen Sondheim; Opening Date: 03/14/2006
Posted March 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages