Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim’s 1970 musical explored New Yorkers’ mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully deadpan Raúl Esparza), a 35-year-old commitment-phobe surrounded by happy loving couples. As he did in Broadway’s current Sweeney Todd revival, British director John Doyle casts triple threats who sing, act, and play all the instruments. The show runs like a greyhound: sleek and elegant, without any wasted movement. The talented cast — charming from top to bottom — uses Sondheim’s chromatic lyricism to paint a complicated, compelling portrait of modern relationships, making this Company a most welcome visitor. (513-421-3888)
Company Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...CompanyStephen Sondheim Long before Sex and the City, Stephen Sondheim's 1970 musical explored New Yorkers' mating rituals through the eyes of Bobby (a wonderfully ...2006-03-24
Starring: Raul Esparza; Director: John Doyle; Author: Stephen Sondheim; Opening Date: 03/14/2006
Posted March 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'
- Olivia Munn teases her Psylocke fight scene in 'X-Men: Apocalypse'