Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast…save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick Latessa, who have gone west. Though the energy of the NYC production is diffused, this celebration of ’60s girl-pop and girth doesn’t suffer fatally from getting its tummy tucked to an intermissionless 90 minutes. The producers probably had to open Fort Knox to get Fierstein to shave and do drag again, but he’s worth every penny: When he and Latessa sing their duet of codger love, ”(You’re) Timeless to Me,” you’ll forget all about 30-story pyramids and believe you’re in the Catskills. (800-557-7428)
Hairspray (Stage - 2006) Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast...save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick...Hairspray (Stage - 2006)Thomas Meehan, Scott Wittman Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast...save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick...2006-03-24Dick Latessa
Starring: Katrina Rose Dideriksen, Harvey Fierstein; Starring: Dick Latessa; Director: Jack O'Brien; Author: Thomas Meehan, Scott Wittman; Opening Date: 02/15/2006
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!