Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast…save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick Latessa, who have gone west. Though the energy of the NYC production is diffused, this celebration of ’60s girl-pop and girth doesn’t suffer fatally from getting its tummy tucked to an intermissionless 90 minutes. The producers probably had to open Fort Knox to get Fierstein to shave and do drag again, but he’s worth every penny: When he and Latessa sing their duet of codger love, ”(You’re) Timeless to Me,” you’ll forget all about 30-story pyramids and believe you’re in the Catskills. (800-557-7428)
Hairspray (Stage - 2006) Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast...save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick...Hairspray (Stage - 2006)Thomas Meehan, Scott Wittman Almost everyone in this Strip abridgment is doing a fair-to-wan imitation of the original Broadway cast...save Tony winners Harvey Fierstein and Dick...2006-03-24Dick Latessa
Starring: Katrina Rose Dideriksen, Harvey Fierstein; Starring: Dick Latessa; Director: Jack O'Brien; Author: Thomas Meehan, Scott Wittman; Opening Date: 02/15/2006
Posted March 24 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- Venice Film Festival premiere of star-studded Martin Scorsese short canceled
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!