Okay, history majors, The Movie Timeline may not hold up in a college classroom, but it’s a fun read for folks who consider themselves film fanatics (thanks to Metafilter for the link). The brainchild of comedian and writer Paul Kerensa, it assumes everything that happened on the silver screen is factual, then lays out said events in painstaking chronological order, from Loana’s encounter with dinosaurs (One Million Years B.C.) to the birth of infamous serial killer Hannibal Lecter in 1938 (The Silence of the Lambs) to the extinction of mankind in 4001 (AI). Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go fact-check the date of Ellie Arroway’s first Contact with extraterrestrials, and suggest Mr. Kerensa get it added to his site – stat!
Posted March 27 2006 — 9:50 PM EST
- 'SNL' confirms cast returns for season 42
- Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel get cozy with Hillary Clinton
- Pop culture superfan Michelle Obama on why representation matters
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' queens react to BIG twist — exclusive
- Honest Trailers journeys into 'The Jungle Book'
- Amy Schumer discusses sexual assault in new Howard Stern interview
- Garth Brooks calls for aid in Louisiana