Entourage’s caricature of celebrity meets The Conversation’s paralyzing paranoia in quirky psychothriller I Love Your Work. Ribisi’s frazzled Hollywood It Kid is unhinged by his fear of fervent fans, suspicions that Elvis Costello (playing himself) is frisky for his wife (Potente), and an odd obsession with a video-store clerk (Joshua Jackson). Directed by Adam Goldberg, the festival fave (which had a momentary theatrical run) can suffer from film-school-cool self-indulgence (mishmashed chronology, non-diegetic noise, even a musical number), while feeling like one actor’s celluloid apology for forgetting his pre-fame friends. This posturing aside, Ribisi’s sallow, spooked demeanor is pitch-perfect. EXTRAS The commentary brandishes a fratty rapport between director and star. After Ribisi repeatedly complains about his double chin, Goldberg snipes: ”What were we gonna do? Perform plastic surgery on the spot?”
I Love Your Work Entourage's caricature of celebrity meets The Conversation's paralyzing paranoia in quirky psychothriller I Love Your WorkI Love Your WorkDramaAdrian Butchart, Adam GoldbergPT111MR Entourage's caricature of celebrity meets The Conversation's paralyzing paranoia in quirky psychothriller I Love Your Work2006-03-28Joshua JacksonFranka PotenteJoshua Jackson, Franka Potente
Genre: Drama; Starring: Giovanni Ribisi, Joshua Jackson, Franka Potente; Director: Adam Goldberg; Author: Adrian Butchart, Adam Goldberg; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: R
Posted March 28 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!