Anyone who says size doesn’t matter never played a third-person shooter,” notes a girl named October (Sophia Bush) in what passes for gamer wit in Stay Alive, a teen horror show — featuring Frankie Muniz in an upside-down visor cap — that revolves around a Cruella De Vil type with shears who kills you in the real world when you die in her videogame. That’s how it’s supposed to work, anyway — but this dopey movie keeps flouting its own rules, so that one character who dies in the game gets to live, while poor suckers get offed for real even though we never saw their Game Overs. Videogames are no longer brainless, so why are videogame movies so slow to evolve?
(STAY ALIVE: Rebecca M. Heunermund-Brennem)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Jon Foster, Frankie Muniz, Sophia Bush, Adam Goldberg; Director: William Brent Bell; Author: William Brent Bell; Release Date Wide: 03/24/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 85; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures, Hollywood Pictures
Posted March 29 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big