The latest from the Dardenne brothers is an attempt at a spiritual journey in the austere yet heightened mode of Robert Bresson. A loutish young thief (Jérémie Renier) sells his infant son, setting off a chain of events that becomes his punishment — and redemption. Stark and fascinating, but it makes catharsis look easy.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Deborah Francois, Jeremie Renier, Fabrizio Rongione; Director: Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne; Release Date Limited: 03/24/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted March 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicolas Cage to star in parental thriller 'Mom and Dad'
- 'The Originals' boss on the casting change you may have missed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on his acerbic antihero 'Deadpool'
- Universal wins film rights for 'Gone Girl' author's ghost story 'The Grownup'
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss breaks down Damon's big fight scene
- Inside Disneyland's magical Dream Suite
- Oscars 2016: Michael B. Jordan, Daisy Ridley, Cate Blanchett join presenters