The latest from the Dardenne brothers is an attempt at a spiritual journey in the austere yet heightened mode of Robert Bresson. A loutish young thief (Jérémie Renier) sells his infant son, setting off a chain of events that becomes his punishment — and redemption. Stark and fascinating, but it makes catharsis look easy.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Deborah Francois, Jeremie Renier, Fabrizio Rongione; Director: Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne; Release Date Limited: 03/24/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted March 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'