The latest from the Dardenne brothers is an attempt at a spiritual journey in the austere yet heightened mode of Robert Bresson. A loutish young thief (Jérémie Renier) sells his infant son, setting off a chain of events that becomes his punishment — and redemption. Stark and fascinating, but it makes catharsis look easy.
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Deborah Francois, Jeremie Renier, Fabrizio Rongione; Director: Jean-Pierre Dardenne, Luc Dardenne; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Classics
Posted March 31 2006 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt