If you’re looking for musical comfort food, Shooter Jennings’ late-’70s Southern-rock revivalism and homages to Daddy’s booming cranky-tonk country will do. But without a song half as great as the last album’s ”4th of July,” you can’t help but notice how closely and turgidly he’s adhering to those touchstones on Electric Rodeo, clichés about drink ‘n’ drugs ‘n’ the ruinous road included. At least ”Aviators” — an amusing ode to his retro shades — is consciously parodistic.
Electric Rodeo If you're looking for musical comfort food, Shooter Jennings' late-'70s Southern-rock revivalism and homages to Daddy's booming cranky-tonk country...Electric RodeoCountry If you're looking for musical comfort food, Shooter Jennings' late-'70s Southern-rock revivalism and homages to Daddy's booming cranky-tonk country...2006-04-03
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Shooter Jennings; Producer (group): Universal South
Posted April 3 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!