When his mom dies of an aneurysm five years after his dad’s fatal heart attack, 15-year-old Connor Reed is placed under the care of his slick 25-year-old lawyer brother, Jack. What follows is a heartbreaking story about two very different siblings struggling to love and relate to one another over a quarter century through relocation, illness, and relationships both broken and reconciled. Shari Goldhagen’s spare prose delicately mines the complexities of how loved ones seem close and far away — often at the same time — and how the smallest word uttered has the power to unravel or save. Family and Other Accidents is a lot like family: relatable, familiar, flawed, at times painfully dysfunctional, and something that you embrace enthusiastically.
Family and Other Accidents When his mom dies of an aneurysm five years after his dad's fatal heart attack, 15-year-old Connor Reed is placed under the care of his slick 25-year...Family and Other AccidentsFictionShari Goldhagen When his mom dies of an aneurysm five years after his dad's fatal heart attack, 15-year-old Connor Reed is placed under the care of his slick 25-year...2006-04-05Doubleday
Genre: Fiction; Author: Shari Goldhagen; Publisher: Doubleday
Posted April 5 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Taylor Swift teases 'Wildest Dreams' video with pic of Scott Eastwood
- Andy Samberg provides Emmys hashtags #freepizza(no)
- Watch the MTV VMAs with EW's drinking game
- Fan theory suggests the Joker was hero of 'The Dark Knight'
- Everything Hannibal wore on 'Hannibal'
- Jeff Probst on the players he is surprised did not get voted into 'Survivor'
- Justin Timberlake and Jonathan Demme are making a 'space age music film'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!