Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg’s latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she’d started using after contracting polio at a young age). Her central character is 13-year-old Diana, born to a sanguine polio victim named Paige who is totally incapable of taking care of herself. We Are All Welcome Here not only highlights the extraordinary power that a mother — paralyzed or not — has over her daughter, but offers a unique perspective on polio’s cruel legacy.
We Are All Welcome Here Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg's latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she'd started using ...We Are All Welcome HereFictionElizabeth Berg Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg's latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she'd started using ...2006-04-05Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Elizabeth Berg; Publisher: Random House
Posted April 5 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- TIFF announces all-star lineup for 2015
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Director Jon Watts on how 'Cop Car' helped him land 'Spider-Man'
- John Cena's nose got broken on 'Monday Night Raw'
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!