Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg’s latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she’d started using after contracting polio at a young age). Her central character is 13-year-old Diana, born to a sanguine polio victim named Paige who is totally incapable of taking care of herself. We Are All Welcome Here not only highlights the extraordinary power that a mother — paralyzed or not — has over her daughter, but offers a unique perspective on polio’s cruel legacy.
We Are All Welcome Here Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg's latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she'd started using ...We Are All Welcome HereFictionElizabeth Berg Poignantly, Elizabeth Berg's latest tome was inspired by a fan whose mother gave birth to her while entombed in an iron lung (which she'd started using ...2006-04-05Random House
Genre: Fiction; Author: Elizabeth Berg; Publisher: Random House
Posted April 5 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Go inside the studio with Janet Jackson in her lyric video for 'No Sleeep'
- Paula Deen fires social media manager responsible for offensive tweet
- 'Star Wars': Han Solo stand-alone movie plots course with 'Lego Movie' directors at the controls
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!