As if I wasn’t unenthused enough about the big-screen adaptation of Dallas (set to star John Travolta, Luke Wilson and J.Lo), now comes word from MTV.com that Jessica Simpson (fourth item) has met with the film’s producers about auditioning for the role of Lucy Ewing. “That would be an honor for me. I’m a Texas girl, so you can’t go wrong there,” said Simpson. Oh, but you can, Jessica. You most definitely can. In fact, if I ran Hollywood, I’d call the whole thing off right now – but maybe it’s just me. What do you think, PopWatchers? Would Simpson be a good addition to the Dallas cast? Or is this just going to be the latest in a long line of disastrous TV-to-movie remake?
Posted April 11 2006 — 2:34 PM EDT
- Joni Mitchell discusses fame in unearthed 1986 interview
- Rare, uncorrected 'The Bell Jar' proof up for auction
- You'll never believe how tired Third Man Records is of Jack White clickbait
- Jon Stewart, Larry Wilmore riff on Duggar scandal
- Watch the 'Mr. Robot' pilot right this second
- The Fat Jewish channels Steve Jobs in new book cover -- EXCLUSIVE
- Django Django revisits '80s classic for new video
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- Ben Affleck, Taylor Swift, the Entourage Guys & More!