As if I wasn’t unenthused enough about the big-screen adaptation of Dallas (set to star John Travolta, Luke Wilson and J.Lo), now comes word from MTV.com that Jessica Simpson (fourth item) has met with the film’s producers about auditioning for the role of Lucy Ewing. “That would be an honor for me. I’m a Texas girl, so you can’t go wrong there,” said Simpson. Oh, but you can, Jessica. You most definitely can. In fact, if I ran Hollywood, I’d call the whole thing off right now – but maybe it’s just me. What do you think, PopWatchers? Would Simpson be a good addition to the Dallas cast? Or is this just going to be the latest in a long line of disastrous TV-to-movie remake?
Posted April 11 2006 — 2:34 PM EDT
- Great news for 'Kocktails with Khloé' fans
- 'Broad City' is messy as ever in first season 3 trailer
- See Paul McCartney create first-ever audio Mojis
- What To Watch Tonight: Bernie Sanders visits Stephen Colbert
- Protesters plan anti-Beyoncé rally outside NFL headquarters
- Looking back on Carole King's 'Tapestry' 45 years later
- Civilians to pose as prisoners for new A&E docuseries '60 Days In'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday