In this fractious film from thorny filmmaker Amos Gitai (Kadosh, Kippur, Kedma), Natalie Portman demonstrates tour de force weeping in the back of a taxi as an American searching for her roots in Israel. Comedian Hanna Laslo plays the Israeli driver (and won the top acting prize last year at Cannes), en route to collect a debt in the economic free zone of Jordan. And Hiam Abbass (Munich) chimes in as a Palestinian who argues with the Israeli in ways meant to suggest that problems of the Middle East could be eased through the talk of women.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Natalie Portman, Carmen Maura; Director: Amos Gitai; Author: Amos Gitai, Marie-Jose Sanselme; Release Date Limited: 04/07/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: New Yorker
Posted April 12 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing