In this fractious film from thorny filmmaker Amos Gitai (Kadosh, Kippur, Kedma), Natalie Portman demonstrates tour de force weeping in the back of a taxi as an American searching for her roots in Israel. Comedian Hanna Laslo plays the Israeli driver (and won the top acting prize last year at Cannes), en route to collect a debt in the economic free zone of Jordan. And Hiam Abbass (Munich) chimes in as a Palestinian who argues with the Israeli in ways meant to suggest that problems of the Middle East could be eased through the talk of women.
Free ZoneIn this fractious film from thorny filmmaker Amos Gitai (Kadosh, Kippur, Kedma), Natalie Portman demonstrates tour de force...Free ZoneDramaAmos Gitai, Marie-Jose SanselmePT90MUnratedIn this fractious film from thorny filmmaker Amos Gitai (Kadosh, Kippur, Kedma), Natalie Portman demonstrates tour de force...2006-04-12Carmen MauraNew Yorker
Genre: Drama; Starring: Natalie Portman, Carmen Maura; Director: Amos Gitai; Author: Amos Gitai, Marie-Jose Sanselme; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: New Yorker
Posted April 12 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See an exclusive image from 'Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials'
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Outlander' season 2 First Look: Claire and Jamie take Paris
- 'Kick-Ass' writer Mark Millar creates a small-town superhero in his new comic 'Huck' – exclusive first look
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!