Ineffably Australian and intriguingly (rather than annoyingly) artsy, Look Both Ways introduces a handful of people gobsmacked by life-changing crises, all of them trying to make sense of responsibility, mortality, and connection. And forging her own new path, animator Sarah Watt makes a delicate, empathetic live-action directorial feature debut: She mixes her media, returning to animation to express dreams and fantasies while establishing the connection between Meryl (Justine Clarke), an artist, and Nick (William McInnes, Watt’s husband), a newspaper photographer.
(Look Both Ways: Matt Nettheim)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Justine Clarke, William McInnes, Anthony Hayes; Director: Sarah Watt; Release Date Limited: 04/14/2006; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Kino International
Posted April 12 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- See Netflix's official logo for Marvel's 'Jessica Jones'
- Kendrick Lamar releases trippy 'For Free? (Interlude)' video
- Mick Rock on his new show: I'm the Anthony Bourdain of rock and roll
- Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo on their sweet 'Vacation' cameos
- 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' is not a 'watered-down version' of the films
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!