Lifting a concept isn’t exactly foreign to the world of animation (what’s The Lion King if not Bambi with manes?), but it isn’t often a rip-off gets as blatant as The Wild, a flat-out regurgitation of Madagascar. Seriously: same overly civilized New York zoo animals, same midnight escape to the canyons of Manhattan, same stowaway to Africa, same tribe of deranged musical beasties. The difference is that where Madagascar was witty enough to see the folly of a domesticated lion finding his untamed self, The Wild, beneath some ”wacky” chatter, is earnest to the point of dullness.
(The Wild: Disney)
Genre: Animation; Starring: Kiefer Sutherland, Eddie Izzard; Director: Steve Williams; Author: Mark Gibson; Release Date Wide: 04/14/2006; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Buena Vista Pictures
Posted April 12 2006 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade