Granted, this mock-trailer for Titanic: Two the Surface is probably too long by half, but it’s nonetheless entertaining on several levels. First off, it patches together enough random film scenes and sound bites that it works as a kind of nifty trivia game (Hey, that’s James Woods in Contact!) Second, setting the final montage to a dance remix of Celine Dion’s ”My Heart Will Go On,” well, that’s just comic gold. And lastly, the concept is just plausible enough that you can imagine some dunderheaded studio exec greenlighting it 20 years from now. Or, more likely, some time next year. And, y’know, I’m probably gullible enough that I’d pay $10 to see it.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!